HandiKOS (Association of Paraplegics and Paralyzed Children of Kosovo) was established in 1983 with the main objective to achieve full recognition and participation of people with disabilities in society. HandiKOS actively lobbies and advocates at local and central level for the rights of people with disabilities. The goal is to create an enabling and inclusive environment through increasing employment opportunities, improving access to education, including PWDs in social welfare and social security schemes and improving physical accessibility. HandiKOS also provides assistive devices and primary physical and psychosocial rehabilitation services through its 14 Community Based Rehabilitation Centres and 12 Local Offices located throughout Kosovo. HandiKOS maintains a database and has so far registered around 18.000 children and adults with disabilities (with physical and combined disabilities).
Description of the project
HandiKOS, in partnership with KMOP (Greek NGO), is currently implementing the EU managed and funded project named “Integrated support and care for elderly and PWDs in Kosovo: pilot action towards the transition to Community-based services”, through establishing of two day care centers in Prishtina and Ferizaj for delivering social services for elderly persons and home based services for adults with disability. HandiKOS and KMOP based on their extensive experience and proven background in working with persons with disabilities (PWDs) and elderly persons are implementing this project, which will contribute to the wellbeing, empowerment and social integration of elderly persons and PWDs in Kosovo. For this purpose, we are seeking experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated individuals, to join our team in HandiKOS as: Project Assistant.
Duties and responsibilities:
The project assistant will be responsible to:
- Assist with the development and coordination of the projects activities;
- Assist with the daily management of projects paying particular attention to maintaining good working relationships and adherence to budgets and timescales;
- Assist with preparing the regular reports to the donor;
- Coordinate and ensure the regular contact with the day-centers;
- Organize and manage various visibility activities;
- Maintain and manage the information published on the organization’ website and other social mediums.
- Previous work experience within civil society, especially in an organization protecting and promoting human rights;
- University degree in relevant fields;
- Previous experience in lobbying and advocacy;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent ability to work under pressure and to maintain deadlines;
- Excellent knowledge of English and Albanian language, and computer literacy.
The interested candidates may send their CVs until 28th of February 2014, at 13:00, to email@example.com