HANDIKOS po kërkon një Ekspert/e për vlerësimin e Projektit të mbështetur nga BE “Promovimi i gjithëpërfshirjes në proceset konsultative për reformat e qeverisjes dhe administratës publike në sektorin e aftësisë së kufizuar në nivel lokal, nacional dhe regjional” – “Kosova Gjithëpërfshirëse”.
Aplikacionet duhet të dorëzohen në formë elektronike në e‑mail adresën: email@example.com; deri më datë 24 nëntor 2023, ora 16:00.
HANDIKOS is looking for an Expert for the evaluation of the EU funded Project “Promoting inclusiveness and outreach of the consultative processes for governance and public administration reforms in the disability sector at Local, National and Regional Level” – “Inclusive Kosovo”.
The bidders are welcome to submit their application electronically to handikos@handi-kos, until 24.11.2023, by 16 pm.
Below you can find the terms of reference for this position:
Terms of Reference
|Organization||HANDIKOS (Association of Paraplegics and Paralyzed Children of Kosova)|
|Title of engagement:||Company/Expert for the Project Evaluation|
|Project:||Promoting inclusiveness and outreach of the consultative processes for governance and public administration reforms in the disability sector at Local, National and Regional Level|
|Supported by:||European Union- Office in Kosovo|
|Aim of the engagement:||Evaluation of the Project|
|Announcement date:||16th of November 2023|
|Closure date:||24th of November 2023|
|Expected entry date:||1st December 2023|
The Project “Promoting inclusiveness and outreach of the consultative processes for governance and public administration reforms in the disability sector at Local, National and Regional Level”, (short: “Inclusive Kosovo”), is funded from the EU Office in Kosovo and implemented from HandiKOS in partnership with Kosovo Association of the Deaf (KAD), Kosovo Association of the Blind (KAB), Disability Partnership Finland (DPF), Threshold-Finland, and affiliated party Kosovo Disability Forum. The project started with its implementation on 1st of January 2019 and will end on 31st of December 2023.
All-inclusive society in which persons with disabilities realize their full potential and live dignified lives as equal citizens. (National Strategy on the Rights of People with Disabilities 2013–2023)
1. Government and public administration reforms in Kosovo are disability inclusive
Op. 1.1 Increased awareness of the government at central and local levels on accessibility
Op 2.1 Increased possibilities for DPOs to participate in the dialogue with the government
Op.2.2 Strengthened commitment by different levels of government and DPOs to dialogue
Op 2.3 Increased availability of data on disability issues
Op 3.1 Increased organizational capacity of the DPOs and their networks
Op 3.2 Increased knowledge and skills of DPOs and their networks on advocacy, media relations and accessibility
Op 3.3. Strengthened partnerships between Disabled Peoples Organizations (DPOs) and DPO networks in Kosovo
Target group 1: DPOs and the Forum
Target group 2: The Parliament, central government and local (municipal) government representatives
Target group 3: Media
(Aims to increase capacities of Disabled People Organizations (DPO’s) on “Management of Social Media and website).
- Purpose and objective of the evaluation
The purpose of the evaluation is to carry out the final evaluation of the EU funded project “Inclusive Kosovo” and assess the results achieved. The main objectives of the evaluation are:
1. Impact. What impact has the project in Organizations of Persons with Disabilities and disability sector in general?
2. Sustainability. How sustainable has the work been?
3. Lessons learnt. What are the key lessons learnt to take away for the future?
- Scope of the evaluation
The evaluation will focus on the project phase 2019–2023. The geographical coverage is in Kosovo including online interviews with the project partners from Finland.
The main stakeholder groups to be consulted in the evaluation are:
• Management of HandiKOS
• Members of HandiKOS (women with disabilities)
• HandiKOS network in local level (Peja, Gjilan)
Project partners (Organizations of Persons with Disabilities) from Kosovo
• Kosovo Association of the Deaf (KAD)
- Kosovo Association of the Blind (KAB)
- Kosovo Disability Forum (KDF) Affiliated party
Project partners from Finland (online)
• Disability Partnership Finland (DPF)
- Threshold – Finland
Project beneficiary’s (Organizations of Persons with Disabilities)
• Down Syndrome Kosovo (DSK)
- Autism – Kosovo
- Club House “Dëshira” – Kosovo
Institutions at National Level
• Office of the Good Governance / Prime Minister Office (Director)
• Ministry of Education / Office for Human Rights (1 person)
• Ministry of Health/ Office for Human Rights (1 Person)
• Ombudsperson Office/ Official for Human Rights (1 Person)
- Issues to be addressed and evaluation questions
The evaluation is asked to address, but not necessarily to limit to the following evaluation questions:
1. Has the project intervention addressed the relevant issues on disability inclusion?
2. What activity has been the most relevant for persons with disabilities?
3. How the realization of project activities was conducted in terms of time and resources?
4. How much did the OPD’s increase their knowledge and skills on advocacy, media relations and accessibility?
5. How aware are the government institutions on accessibility for persons with disabilities and on the disability issues (needs and rights of PWD, legislation, CRPD)?
6. How did the project increase the possibilities of OPD’s to participate in the dialogue with government?
7. What is the standing of HandiKOS and Project partners as resource for information and support to other OPDs, public institutions and for persons with disabilities and their families?
8. How did the intervention affect the lives of PWD? (Education, employment, independent living etc.)
9. What changes have realized in national and local structures: legislation, participation of persons with disabilities and DPOs in hearings, practices, dialogue processes with decision-makers?
10. How sustainable are OPD’s to continue the work for persons with disabilities in their societies?
The evaluation expert is expected to use its professional skills and experience in defining the most relevant approach and methodology for the evaluation. However, the proposed methodology for the evaluation is recommended to include:
- Desk review and analysis of documents:
- Project Annual Progress Reports 2019 – 2023 (cumulative)
- Report of the ”Calendar of Activities for Year 2022 – Year of Persons with Disabilities”
- Annual Reports on Disability 2019–2021
- Result Oriented Monitoring Report (ROM Report)
- National Action Plan for Persons with Disabilities 2024–2026
Reports available online:
- Research Report “Where Does Kosovo Stand” about International Standards on Disability Issues.
- Interviews, discussions and meetings with relevant stakeholders
- Field trip to the HandiKOS network in local level (Peja/Pec and Gjilan/Gnjilan).
- Expertise Required
Required expertise and qualifications are:
• A good understanding of EU funded projects, procedures and the relevant guidelines
• A good understanding on the civil society and disability context Kosovo
• Experience in disability issues, advocacy, communications, legislation, CRPD
• Experience in conducting evaluations of the civil society Organizations
• Good writing skills in English
- Duration of task completion
The Project “Inclusive Kosovo” will select the evaluators based on their proposals of interest. These proposals, including a work plan, budget and the CVs of the evaluators should be submitted by 24.11.2023 by e‑mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Evaluation of the project Inclusive Kosovo”.
The duration of the assignment is estimated to be no more than 10 working days. The assignment is expected to be completed during the period of 1st to 15th December 2023 (based on mutual agreement for the specific date).
- Key deliverables:
The evaluator is asked to deliver the following reports in English language and submit them in electronic format to email@example.com:
- Inception report: On the basis of the desk study, the evaluators shall present an inception report. The inception report should consist of the initial findings of the desk study, an evaluation matrix with the focused evaluation questions, a detailed and updated work plan and elaboration of methodology
- Draft final report for comments
- Final report: A maximum of 30 pages long report (excluding summary of max. 3 pages long and annexes)
- Budget for the assignment
The planned budget for the engagement of the expert is 1,230.00 Euros in total.
The Project will cover the financial cost for transport and other required logistics.
The payment will be done after submission of the final report! Finance department will deduct tax and pension contributions based on the tax legislation of Kosovo.
- Tentative starting date
Tentative starting date is 1st December 2023 based on mutual agreement.
- Procedure for application
Interested candidates should submit the following documents by 24th November 2023, until 16:00.
- An updated CV (Maximum 3 pages)
- Tentative Work plan and schedule
- Budget description for the assignment.
Applications should be submitted only in electronic form in the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com with the subject “Evaluation of the project Inclusive Kosovo”.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.